This Pumpkin Chili also makes a great cozy, date night recipe! The best part? It's SO good and only 96 calories per serving. The following recipe makes 8 servings, 1.5 cups each!
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium carrot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 Tbsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
2 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
½ cup pure pumpkin puree
4 cups cubed raw pumpkin (½-inch cubes)
8 Tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt (optional)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
5. Add chili powder, cumin, broth, tomatoes, beans, and pumpkin; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Add pumpkin; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. yogurt and a sprinkle of parsley if desired.